Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

I didn't realize homemade cinnamon rolls were so important to my husband until this weekend.  We were out of town and stopped in this bread/kitchen store to look around.  They had fresh cinnamon rolls straight from the oven and ready to buy.  We didn't get any, of course, because we don't eat half of the ingredients they put in it.  That started a challenge from Mr. Right.  He wanted me to master the cinnamon roll.  So, as soon as we got home, I began trying.  I didn't take a photo of the first batch I made....no need in embarrassing myself.  However, I got a few pointers from Grandpa and went for round two with a new recipe.

Ohhhhhh brother!  They were yummy!  Here they are:
rising

risen

baked and iced
I used the homemade wheat hamburger bun recipe and instead of cutting them out for buns I rolled the dough thin, covered it in organic butter, sucanat and cinnamon then rolled it into a jelly roll.  Then I sliced it and put it in the pan to rise.  They rose for about 15 mins, then baked for 15.

The icing is a cup of cane juice crystals that I processed to powder.  Then I added enough milk to make a fairly thick icing.

You HAVE to try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment